Mosquito Prevention and control
Mosquitoes are active all season long. Engaging in an effective mosquito control program early is essential in reducing the nuisance of biting mosquitoes all season.
Many of our customers ask how they can reduce mosquito populations in their yard. While it's impossible to eliminate all mosquitoes from your yard there are several best practice tips you can follow to help reduce populations and prevent mosquito bites:
- Eliminate areas of standing water around the home such as flowerpots, birdbaths, baby pools, grill covers and other objects where water collects. Mosquitoes lay their eggs in water where the larvae develop and need only about 1/2 inch of water to breed.
- Screen all windows and doors. Repair even the smallest tear or hole.
- Minimize outside activity between dusk and dawn, when the majority of mosquitoes are most active.
- If you must spend time outdoors during peak mosquito times, or when you will be outdoors for extended periods, wear long pants and sleeves and use an insect repellant containing DEET, picaridin or oil of lemon-eucalyptus.
- NOTE TO TRAVELERS: It is especially important to wear effective insect repellents and protective clothing if traveling outside the U.S. Mosquito-borne diseases that may be rare in the U.S. are common in many foreign countries.
- In addition to the newly established Zika virus in the U.S., there are still many other diseases transmitted by mosquitoes. Such as, West Nile Virus, Zika, etc.
- Our Mosquito Control Program utilizes only “Green” products to effectively eliminate mosquitos from your property. Our multi-step approach will eliminate adults immediately and control breeding in areas around the home.
If you are concerned about mosquito activity on your property, contact Select Exterminating today - call us or complete the form below for a Free Mosquito Control Estimate.